How to do push-ups, how many times a week it is worth conducting workouts. Variants of the technique for performing this exercise.
Push-ups are an affordable, simple and effective exercise. Its advantages are ease of implementation, the possibility of pumping various muscle hands, safety and effectiveness. At the same time, many do not know how to pump up muscles with push-ups, and whether this can be done at all. Let’s deal with these points in more detail.
As an introduction
Many of us are wrung out in the most usual way, that is, by setting the palms slightly wider than the shoulders. This makes a big mistake – classes are held daily. This approach to training will not work. Push-ups, as a rule, work out a certain group of muscles, which also needs rest. Doing push-ups every day with one grip is the same as daily “killing” triceps. All that can be achieved is stamina.
Speed and muscle groups
An important point in push-ups is the speed of their implementation. There should be no rush here. Try to act in a concentrated manner, focus on a quality study, and not on the total number of repetitions. In each movement, you should feel the maximum tension of the pumped muscle group. In this case, muscle fibers should give a “response” both when lowering and when lifting the body.
The big mistake many beginners make is quick lowering. It is not right. It is necessary to sink to the floor as slowly as possible, without sharp jerks. There are “experts” who do several hundred push-ups and boast of it. But there is nothing to be proud of – the effect is practically zero.
A big plus of push-ups is the ability to pump not only a specific muscle group, but the entire torso. And here for each muscle group has its own characteristics:
- Let’s start with how to pump up the chest push-ups from the floor. As practice shows, you can work out both the upper and lower chest. At the same time, pumping up the top is more difficult (by the way, this is relevant even for working with a barbell). We recall which muscles work with the bench press on an inclined bench. When you lie upside down, the bottom of the pectoral muscles is worked out, and when it is up, then the top, respectively.
In push-ups, the principle of action is the opposite. Here, to work out the upper part of the chest, you need to throw your legs on a hill (for example, a bench or a stool). To pump up the lower part of the pectoral muscles, everything happens the other way around – you need to rest your hands on some kind of lift.
To increase the effectiveness of the exercises and to better stretch the pectoral muscles, push-ups should be done between two lifts, for example, between weights, special dumbbells or even books. In general, no matter what you come up with. The main goal is to raise your arms above the floor so that you can do a lot better deflection.
- Triceps. To study this muscle group, it is necessary to press the elbow joints to the sides and so to push out. The second option – hands at chest level, but tightly brought together (with touch).
- Shoulders. This muscle group is best worked out when the arms are exclusively shoulder width apart. At the same time, during training it is important to pay maximum attention to the muscle groups involved in the execution process.
- Biceps. Here the recommendations are the same as for triceps. The only difference is that the brushes must be directed away from each other.
- Force. In order to maximize the development of strength and endurance, it is necessary to do push-ups with a hangover.
As soon as sufficient power appears in the hands, improvisation can begin. For example, a great option is push-ups on one hand – on fingers, fists, and so on. There are many options for doing the exercise. And the more diverse the classes, the more effective the training itself.
Now we will consider the technology of how to pump up the pectoral muscles by push-ups. There are several important points here:
- Push up the first week, but without undue stress. If you feel that the muscles are getting too much load, then it is better to stop. Start with small accomplishments.
- Do the approaches with the maximum possible number of repetitions 3-4 times a week. Be sure to give yourself a day of rest after each training day. For example, you can set the task of doing 7-10 approaches per day with a maximum number of repetitions. At the same time, act without fanaticism. At the initial stage, it is worth starting with three approaches, and then moving on to heavy loads. Be as consistent as possible and do not squeeze all the “juices” out of the body.
- Constantly monitor the correctness of the exercise – the position of the body should be ideal. If you feel that the back of the body regularly “falls through”, then it is better to lift it. The legs can be set a little apart (for example, socks can stand a little wider than the shoulders), and the chest should touch the floor. Keep your arms straight until the end.
- Remember the importance of water, which will contribute to faster recovery of the body and increase the effectiveness of training.
- Take extra rest. If after some time moral and physical fatigue is felt, then it is better to take an extra rest and not “force” the body. Exercise through force is unlikely to produce the expected result.
- Regularly increase the total number of push-ups. In this case, alternate the positions of the hands and body to change the level of load.
- Keep track of your results. As practice shows, you can feel the power in your hands and see certain changes in the mirror a few weeks after the start of classes.
- To increase the load, you can stuff the backpack with the same books and hang it on your back. This approach will speed up the process of muscle growth and reduce the total number of repetitions.
It turns out that you can achieve results using ordinary push-ups. Finally, consider several important points:
- add high-carb food to the diet (this is especially true after classes);
- Have a good rest and try to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day;
- develop a special diet and follow it. The main requirements are more protein and complex carbohydrates, less fat.