Competent technique of performing exercises and important nuances. How can the load on the pectoral muscles or triceps be shifted.
Each athlete (it does not matter whether he is a beginner or a professional in the world of sports) is aware of such an option for working out muscles as push-ups on the uneven bars. With their help, it is possible to work out the triceps, develop the front delta, work out the pectoral muscle and stretch it qualitatively. However, not everyone knows what the correct technique should be. The result is a low efficiency of the training process and even injury.
Why is it so useful to do push-ups on the uneven bars? The following pluses are worth highlighting here:
- The rapid development of the torso. In the process of push-ups, the upper body is connected to the work – the load is received by the bottom of the pectoral muscles (when leaning forward), triceps and shoulders. An interesting fact is that the lower part of the chest does not work well even when performing regular push-ups from the floor or a classic bench press.
- The study of triceps and front deltas. As practice shows, this exercise is an opportunity to qualitatively develop the shoulder girdle.
- Change in the load on various muscle groups depending on the angles of the body. So, with the torso tilted forward, the bottom of the chest is worked out. If you do the exercise vertically, then the triceps are more loaded.
Despite the apparent simplicity, push-ups on the bars require knowledge of the rules and strict adherence to them. The following points are worth highlighting here:
- Place your wrists upright and keep them level with your elbow. Grip is considered normal when the hands are slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Press your elbows to the body throughout the exercise. In the upper position, they should be straightened completely only if you focus on triceps. If there is sufficient flexibility, it is worth it to go down to the limit of joint capabilities.
- The shoulders should not move during the approach (no oscillatory movements). Otherwise, the risk of injury increases and effectiveness decreases.
- Watch your spine – straighten it into a string. Thanks to such a position of the body, the effectiveness of classes is growing.
- Try to strain the muscles of the body (press). The corset must be tight throughout the exercise. Thanks to this, it is possible to stabilize and hold the back in one position.
- Legs are forbidden to breed (they must be pressed against each other or crossed). Tighten your hips and buttocks, pull your socks back.
- Pay attention to breathing. The air is released on the rise, and is gained when lowering the body down.
Technology is the basis of success
Push-ups on the bars are performed in compliance with the following technique:
- Starting the exercise from a low point is not recommended . It is worth jumping onto the bars and straightening your arms (this position is considered the starting position).
- Tilt the torso forward (if the bottom of the pectoral muscles is being worked out) and begin to lower between the bars, bending the arms in the elbow joints. To activate the muscles of the chest, it is worth dropping as low as possible. If you “hang” at a midpoint and keep the body upright, then the triceps gets the greatest load. At the end point, the chest should rise slightly above the shell, and the hand should be at the level of the armpits. You should not do deep lowerings from the very first workout (this is fraught with herbs). The body is to cook gradually. In addition, you should not hang additional loads on yourself until the muscles are strengthened sufficiently.
- At the lower point, a pause is made for 1-2 seconds , after which the torso rises to the upper position. Note that in the case of the development of the chest, a small dilution of the elbows to the sides is necessary. In addition, throughout the exercise it is worth keeping the body in an inclined position. To switch the load to the triceps, hold the body upright and press the elbow joints against the body. It is worth considering that triceps is weaker than the chest, so push-ups on the parallel bars in this embodiment should be performed in fewer repetitions or with less weight.
- Rise to the top point should be done slowly (in the absence of proper experience). Lowering also needs to be controlled.
- Do as many repetitions as your muscles can withstand. When lifting is no longer possible, lower yourself and try again to rise on your hands. Even partial repetitions are effective and help stretch the chest. If the triceps are tired, it is allowed to switch to negative repetitions.
- If the execution experience is not enough and the muscles are not even able to lift the body several times, then you should use a special simulator or substitute a chair under the bars. In this case, the exercise is performed with the legs connected.
As you can see, push-ups on the uneven bars are a fairly simple exercise, the technique of which depends on which muscle groups will be worked out to a greater extent. But this does not prevent beginners and experienced athletes from making blunders during execution. Among them:
- Mistakes in the grip. It is often believed that a wide grip increases the load on the lower chest. But this is not so. Practice has shown that average grip is more effective when the hands are slightly wider than the shoulders . In this situation, the muscles are better loaded and less prone to injury.
- Incorrect inhalation-exhalation technique. Take in air before descending to a low point. The lungs should be filled with a full lowering cycle and 10-20% upward lift.
- Hurry on doing. Another common mistake is jerking push-ups. In this situation, the muscles do not get enough load for development. In addition, the risk of injury increases (especially if the joints are not warmed up). The process of lowering and lifting should take an average of 2-2.5 seconds. After complete lowering, do not immediately “jump out” upwards – it is worth making a short delay. But this does not mean that the body is allowed to relax at the lower point – the muscles should be tensed.
- Lack of warm-up. You can not do the exercise if the body is not sufficiently warmed up. Initially, you should stretch your upper body. So, it is worth starting with a stretch, and then proceed to the usual push-ups and preparatory training on the uneven bars (at 0.5 full amplitude).
In conclusion, it is worth highlighting a number of rules that an athlete should take into account:
- After strengthening the muscles and achieving maximum amplitude, it is worth moving on to work with weights. Due to the additional weight, it is possible to reduce repetitions to 8-10 and accelerate muscle growth. The main thing is to be careful when lifting the body to the upper position. Sharpness in performing an exercise with weights is possible only after a few months of training.
- When working, try to lower slowly (2-3 times), and rise quickly.
- Slow lowering ensures stretching of the chest and the appearance of microtrauma of muscle fibers, which subsequently contributes to the growth of muscles.